ATO Tax Help
The ATO Tax Help program runs annually from early July to October 31st. This free service is provided by volunteers who are fully trained and accredited by the ATO to assist with annual tax returns.
Who is Tax Help for?
Tax Help is for people on low incomes.
Are you eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year, your tax affairs are fairly simple and none of the following situations applied to you in the income year 2012-13:
- you were employed as a contractor (for example, a contract cleaner or taxi driver)
- you were in business, including being a sole trader
- you sold shares
- you sold an investment property
- you owned a rental property
- you received royalties
- you received distributions from a trust other than a managed fund
- you received foreign income other than a foreign pension or annuity.
This information is from the ATO website. To visit the ATO Tax Help website click here: ATO Tax Help
Can I receive assistance with outstanding tax returns from previous years?
Our ATO volunteers are able to assist with previous years but the eligibility criteria above still apply.
How do I make an appointment?
- Either drop in to our office or phone 9772 8939, noting our hours of operation
Is Tax Help available in other months of the year?
The ATO Tax Help program only runs between early July and October 31st each year. If you require assistance outside these dates, our Tax Help volunteer may agree to offer guidance to enable customers to complete their own tax returns. The volunteer will not be providing the service as part of the official ATO Tax Help program.