National Debt Helpline

Financial Counselling Australia has relaunched the national financial counselling hotline – 1800 007 007 – as the National Debt Helpline, and there’s a new website to –

The not-for-profit, community-based phone financial counselling service, will provide support to people struggling to pay their bills and debts. The National Debt Helpline is free, confidential and independent.


Provides a free phone financial counselling service (call 1800 007 007) and tools and advice on how to manage your money and debt. Go to:


This website offers you tips & tools to help you make the most of your money. Go to:

Department of Human Services

In regard to Financial Support you will find many issues covered here. Just click on For Individuals at left hand top of the home page. Go to:

Provides accessible, fair and independent dispute resolution for consumers and financial service providers. Go to:

Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria

Has the power to investigate and resolve disputes between Victorian consumers and their electricity, gas and water companies. Go to:

If you are unhappy about the way you have been treated by:

  • A state government department
    A specified entity, including a range of statutory authorities
    An Administrative Office
    A local council
    A private agency that carries out statutory responsibilities of government.

The Ombudsman enquires into and investigates complaints made against the above bodies. Go to:

Early Release of Superannuation on compassionate grounds

Go to: or contact the Department of Human Services on 1300 131 060 for more information.

You should contact your superannuation fund directly for information about accessing superannuation on grounds of:

Severe financial hardship;
Total and permanent disability;
Temporary incapacity;
Terminal illness; or
Permanent departure from Australia.

Kids Help Line


Call 13 11 44

Family violence

The Chelsea Men’s Shed offers”

Metalwork – small item welding
Computer Training
Workshop facilities for the home maintenance project
Counselling and support services on Men’s Health and personal relationship issues
Referral to agencies or groups that provide health, well being and support services


Mens Line

MensLine Australia is a professional telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.

Call 1300 789 978 Available 24/7

Call 1800 858 858 or visit the website at Deaf, hearing or speech impaired call TTY 1800 777 706.

Central Bayside Community Health Service


Chelsea Phone 9782 7633

Women's Health in the South East (whise)


Contact details:

T: (03) 9794 8677

2/31 Princes Highway
Dandenong VIC 3175

Office Hours:
Monday to Friday
10:00am – 4:00pm

National Hearing Care

Phone: 1800 705 262
Find a Clinic: Here

'National Hearing Care offers a range of services to look after all your hearing needs, from diagnosing hearing difficulties, to fitting, servicing and maintaining hearing aids. Below is a list of the services which are offered at National Hearing Care:

  • Free hearing test
  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Pre-employment hearing assessments
  • Personalised hearing solutions
  • Hearing aid fittings
  • Hearing aid repairs and maintenance
  • Batteries and spare parts
  • Follow up consultations and adjustments
  • Hearing protection equipment and advice
  • Funding Assistance
  • Global Support

Department of Human Services

In regard to Financial Support you will find many issues covered here. Just click on For Individuals at left hand top of the home page. Go to:

Family Drug Help

Family Drug Help offers a range of services designed to cater for you and your family’s needs. Click on the links to get a description of each program, explaining how it works, what to expect and how it can help.

Call the Helpline 1300 660 068

Drop in: 140 Grange Road, Carnegie Victoria 3163
Melways Ref: 68 F5

Family Life

Community Services Overview: Family Life provides counselling, mediation, mental health services, community development, personal support and community educational services, outreach to homes, case coordination, innovative community businesses and advocacy.

For more information please phone Family Life on 03 8599 5433 and ask to speak to the Duty Worker or email

Family support in your local community
Click on Services and Support and scroll down to Family Youth and Children.

Tenants Union

Tenants Union of Victoria aims to inform and educate tenants about their rights, improve conditions for tenants, improve the status of tenants and represent the collective interests of tenants in law and policy making.

We provide free and confidential advice, assistance and advocacy for tenants of private and public residential properties, and residents of rooming houses and caravan parks in Victoria, Australia.

For more information please phone tenants help line: (03) 9416 2577 and rooming house call (03) 9411 1444 and ask for the Outreach team or email

City of Kingston

The My Community Life website allows you to search for activities, events and volunteering opportunities that are on offer within the City of Kingston. Listings can be filtered by suburb, date and type to ensure you find the information that interests you. The site also provides resources such as maps, public transport options and the ability to link to Facebook and twitter if you’d like to share what you’ve found with friends.

The My Community Life website puts an end to flicking through out-of-date community directories and provides one place to find out about the diversity of community life in Kingston.